The Easthampton Farmers’ Market Community Tent offers our Community Partners, and other local non-profit organizations, the opportunity to share in the vibrant social gathering space created by the market in downtown Easthampton.
The purpose of the Community Tent is to promote local non-profits and other community organizations and activities. Priority will be given to Easthampton-based organizations whose missions promote healthy living, the health and welfare of families and children, environmental initiatives, and the arts. Our market receives a large volume of requests for the Community Tent, and regretfully cannot accommodate all requests.
Community Partners will be provided a tent and table as our guests. Chairs, tablecloths, and any other materials must be provided by the Community Partners.
Guidelines for Community Partners at Market
Community Partners are welcome guests at the Easthampton Farmers’ Market.
Community Partners may:
- Have a connection to agriculture, food systems, sustainability, or environmental education
- Be from Easthampton or other local communities (priority is given to Easthampton-based groups)
- Have a connection to our community (i.e. community helpers, like the police and City Council, or other community services like the Community Center, library, Cultural District, and the Arts)
Community Partners may not:
- Distribute partisan political information, or information we may deem as controversial
- Sell items that conflict with our market guidelines
- Sell or give away items that compete with our vendors
Other Guidelines to consider:
- Community Tent must be reserved at least two weeks in advance of requested market day.
- No unsupervised children under age 18
- No music may be played from the Community Tent.
- Donation jars are permitted.
- Organizations will need to post adequate and appropriate signage that clearly identify their groups’ purpose.
- Activities need to be reasonably maintained within the tent area, and may not interfere with other market vendors or the flow of the market (signature gathering, information distribution etc..)
- A table covering is recommended and groups are encouraged to display materials in a tasteful, creative, eye-catching manner. Activities for children are strongly encouraged. (Priority will be given to organizations offering an interactive experience for market shoppers.)
- Organizations must abide by Market vendor rules and be set up promptly by 9 am and remain set up until the market closes at 1 pm (closing may be later on special event days.)
If you are interested in reserving the Community Tent, or if you have any questions, please contact the Market Manager at email@example.com.